Monday, May 07, 2007Seven weeks of learning...the hard way!![]() 'How are you? Are you alright? Alright me duck? Hiya duck, you alright?' Common greeting that require little or no answer and yet if we are to be honest a simple..'Fine. Yes, thanks. Are you alright?' back won't do...especially if you're not ..'just fine!'As I mentioned on previous posts I haven't been very well recently...actually it's been seven weeks since I've been really well. I've been diagnosed with viral bronchitis and though my lungs have been mostly clear, it's the bronchus (windpipe) that has had a tough time and caused my breathing to be limited at times and caused general tiredness most of the time. What can I do then? Read, pray, think, e-mail...yup, that's about it! I've been taking the dogs for a walk at least once a day to the little park up the road (50meters away, so not really far)to get some fresh air and sunshine....and meet other dog owners, children playing and the local youth hanging around. Though I don't care much for their colourful language, they've been quite friendly and even showed care and concern for me which was quite touching! Jonney's family have been great and took us in (complete with dogs!)for the time I'm not able to do housework and cook and have been spoiling us for the past few weeks! Jonney's been busy during the week with exams and assignments due before term ends June the eighth and enjoying the time with his parents and brother Peter as well! We've now decided to leave together for Tenerife the end of June/start of July and are looking to the Lord for his provision of a job for me once we get there as I don't have anything lined up until October. Though we are not sure what Jonathan will be paid but assuming it will be around minimum wage, I will have to find something starting latest August as rent and food prices are quite high on the island. We appreciate your prayers on this and for my health and invite you all to check out our latest pictures on our new flickr account! The uploaded picture you see is from our Scotland holiday with us all sitting on Hadrian's wall! Many blessings to you all! |
|
Blog links
Website linksContact Details |